How to get around Dublin by Bus
Here's an easy way to sort out transportation around Dublin. Dublin Bus services Greater Dublin, including parts of Wicklow, Kildare, and Meath). Bus Éireann operates further afield.
- Bus stops for Dublin Bus are green and list by number the buses that stop there.
- City Centre buses run every 10 to 20 min. from 6am until 11:30pm.
- The main bus station on Store Street (just off O'Connell) is Busáras.
- If you plan to use the bus two or more times in a day, get a one-day pass (IR£3.)
- Purchase four-day, weekly, or monthly passes for extended stays.
- Autofare: insert the exact fare in coins into the top of the fare box. If you do not have exact change, overpayment tickets will be issued and may be redeemed at the O'Connell Street sales office.
- Daily tickets: ticket must be inserted into the bus validator upon boarding.
- Retire at normal bedtime in your new time zone.
- Eat meals according to the proper time in your new time zone.
- For day-tour enquiries phone 873 4222.
- Explorer and Rambler passes, good for DART, are also accepted for Dublin Bus.
- Daily tickets may be purchased at most newsagents, also from many shops. Look for sign in window.
||Find the best Airfares|
Book dozens of Irish countryside and city tours, day trips, boat cruises, etc. online.